After shopping at Walmart, there are times that you want to give back the purchased products. This decision has many reasons; however, you need to know “What items cannot be returned to Walmart?” first.
This article will provide you with information about such products and return policies and guidelines for online and offline. Stay on reading to the end!
- What Items Cannot Be Returned To Walmart In 2022?
- How Will I Take My Refund After Returning?
- May I Give Back Products Without A Receipt?
- How Do I Take Back An Item Purchased Online?
- Are There Alternative Methods For Non-Returnable Products?
What Items Cannot Be Returned To Walmart In 2022?
First, Walmart doesn’t accept returns for products damaged by the customer’s fault. Then, products that have passed the prescribed return period are not accepted.
Besides, the company does not refund any opened or used products such as DVD/CD video games, bicycles, RV sewers, Tires, Snow tires, etc. and other items/products such as gift/sim/prepaid cell phone/ video game cards, guns, alcohol, cigarettes, medical tests/kits, medicines, etc.
This article will provide you with more information about the company’s return and refund policy online and offline. Keep reading!
What Can Kind Of Commodities Not Be Given Back?
There are certain items that customers cannot give back, even though they opened or not. Including:
- Weapons include bullets, guns, crossbows, airsoft, etc.
- Prescription medicine
- Items that contain ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, phenylpropanolamine
- Medical tests such as home diagnostic test kits, blood test
- Equipment for diabetic person
- Vehicles operated by gas
- Transaction card
In What Conditions Will Returned Products Be Accepted?
The items in Walmart return exceptions list above will not be accepted for giving back. Besides, damaged products due to customers’ faults are not allowed, too.
Certain opened products such as perfumes, mattresses, and video games are not eligible for a refund unless they are unopened.
However, if you buy something through the company’s website or app and it is damaged, you can contact us for a refund. The company agrees to refund/exchange goods for customers. And you can send them through the post office or visit branch stores to give them back.
You should notice that the item must have its original label, full packaging, accessories and UPC tag, etc.
It would be best if you also referred to the Walmart return policy exceptions at its website in the “Returns & Refunds” term.
How Will I Take My Refund After Returning?
Based on your initial payment method for the item, the store will refund you in that way.
That is, if you initially paid with cash, the store will refund you in cash. If you use a gift card to pay, they will repay you the same gift card or a new one with the same value.
Likewise, if you use your card to make a transaction, the store will pay this refunded amount to your debit or credit card. This process is in up to 10 business days. However, if you have a card with you but still have a receipt, the shop will convert the amount into the company’s shopping card or gift card.
May I Give Back Products Without A Receipt?
You can still remit without a receipt. However, the store will ask for your valid government-issued photo ID (buyer). If your information matches theirs, you can choose the below ways:
- Exchange for another product
- Please send it back to the manufacturer for repair
- Get cashback if product value is less than $10
- Get a Walmart shopping card or gift card if the product value is at or above $10
How Do I Take Back An Item Purchased Online?
Firstly, you must identify: What items cannot be returned to Walmart?
Secondly, products purchased through the website or app must be in a 90-day receipt. Then, you log in to the account which used to make purchases, select the “purchase history”, “order detail”, and click the “start return” button.
After selecting the item you want to remit, the system will ask you questions for each product: Do you want to return or exchange the goods? What is the reason? And any other comments? Etc. Then, the system will show you four methods:
- Returns at a Walmart store: you need to print the barcode displayed on the screen or the return email that the company sent you
- Schedule for pickup: FedEx will come to your home and pick up your order. It would be best to choose a time, place, and print the information the company has provided.
- Return by mail: you will ship the item via USPS or FedEx after printing the provided return label and sticking it to the package.
- Drop off at FedEx location: print a label, stick it on the package and take it to any FedEx location.
Also, if your item is oversized, contact the retail chain for further assistance.
Are There Alternative Methods For Non-Returnable Products?
For the items listed above, the company will generally not accept repayments. Therefore, if they are still usable and you do not want them, you can sell them to someone else.
So the question: “What items cannot be returned to Walmart?” got the answer. You cannot take back only a few items in the exception list and damaged goods by customers.
In addition, this retail chain is ready to support its customers anywhere, at the store or through the website. Although you have a receipt or not, you can still get a refund.