Amazon attracts customers with a wide range of products such as electronics, home appliances, garden supplies, etc. Besides, the company also sells different gift cards, used for payment or as presents for others.
Many customers wonder for the first time using: “where is the Amazon gift card claim code location?”. If you are also one of them, let this article help you answer it,
Where Is The Claim Code On An Amazon Gift Card In 2022?
Amazon issues many different gift cards to its customers; however, the design is relatively similar. After peeling off the outer layer, you will recognize a 14-character sequence consisting of letters and numbers located right on the back of the card. Below is the text “claim code” with two arrows pointing to the sequence of characters. Some will have a camera icon to the left and a gift box to its right.
Do not miss this article if you want to learn more about gift card redemption, issues and workarounds, and related questions.
How Do I Redeem a Gift Card on Amazon?
You might redeem them through the retail chain’s website and app. Besides, you can also enter the code in the “Gift Cards & promotional codes” box at the checkout section.
- Log in to your Amazon account, and select “Accounts & Lists.”
- Under the “Your Account” menu bar, click “Gift Card Balance.”
- Next, select the yellow “Redeem a gift card” button and enter the 14-digit code.
- Log in to the Amazon app, and click the menu bar.
- Scroll down to the “Payments” section and select “Manage gift card balance.”
- Next, select “Redeem another gift card” and enter the required 14-character. You can also scan it by tapping the camera icon next to it at this step.
Whether using a website or an app to redeem these tokens, you should also note the following points:
- You do not have to use them immediately after redeeming them. Instead, the system will store these vouchers in your account and automatically apply them to an eligible order.
- You can also choose not to pay with this token by unticking “Use your $ X.XX Gift and promotional balance” at the checkout section.
- If your order total exceeds the applied token, the system will automatically deduct the remainder from your default payment method.
How To Resolve Gift Card Redemption Issues
Gift Card Has Already Been Redeemed
If you receive an error message that the card has been redeemed, your account or another may have used it before. In this case, try checking “Gift Card Balance” to see if it has been saved to your account or not.
The system will automatically store your voucher when it is redeemed. Therefore, you do not need to re-enter it many times to determine ownership.
Gift Card Was Applied To The Wrong Account
You can enter the gift code and use it when you need to pay. Or you can change it at the checkout section.
The card applied to the wrong account occurs when you enter the code into an account but use another to redeem and use it for payment.
Remember, once your certificate has been redeemed, an account can only use it. Thus, you cannot transfer or balance it to any other one.
The Claim Code Is Unreadable
If the card is faulty purchased from the store, please contact the store for assistance. Note you should bring the purchase receipt to facilitate the exchange.
In case you bought it on Amazon.com, you could contact it through the company’s website. The information you need to provide includes:
- Card serial number, usually 16 or 30 digits
- Ordinal number (if any)
- Buyer’s name and recipient’s name
- Email address or home address where it is sent
Are Amazon Gift Cards Sold in Stores?
Yes, you can find them at convenience stores, drugstores, and some retail stores in the United States. They may be:
These card values include $15, $25, $50 and $100. In addition, some stores also issue these vouchers ranging from $25 to $500, and you can customize their value. You may visit the company’s website or the Good Keeping listing for more details.
In addition, you can order them through email, Print at Home, text message, etc., on the company’s website. To place an order, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and select the “Gift Cards” section
- Select the type of it you want to purchase. You can follow up their categories like Occasion, Events and Programs, Fun and festive formats, etc.
- Select or manually enter the value you want
- Select “Add to cart” and “Proceed to Checkout.”
- Provide the necessary information and payment method, then click “Continue.”
- Finally, select “Place your order” to finish the order process
What Is Amazon Gift Card Claim Code?
It is typically 14 to 15 characters, consisting of numbers and letters. They are divided into 4 to 6 different characters and separated by hyphens. (e.g., AB11-CDA5KZ-POFT7)
Can I Use an Amazon Gift Card to Split a Purchase?
Yes, you can split your transaction with a portion paid for by gift certificate and use a different payment method for the remaining one. To do it, you select “Add Payment Options” and add the token at the checkout section along with the other selected payment method.
You can redeem it in advance to your account through the company’s app or website. Or you can use it at the last step of entering the code.
You should also note the account and check the existing card before entering a new one to avoid redeeming the card errors.
These cards are sold at most retail stores with prices ranging from $5 to $500. And you can use it with another payment method if the balance in it is not enough.
To learn more about Amazon you can also read our articles on: