Amazon has many more digital services to give services and its site for buying or selling stuff. Sometimes it makes people confused. So What Is Amazon Digital Services & Charge? If you want to discover these, keep reading for everything you need to learn!
What Is Amazon Digital Services?
Amazon Digital Services is a division of Amazon.com. It refers to Amazon’s various digital services as part of its electronic commerce business. There are available services, such as Amazon Drive, Music Subscriptions, Kindle Unlimited, Prime Channels, and Audible.
Similar to how Amazon provides products, it also has digital services covering software, music, movies, etc. Keep on reading for a more detailed explanation of all these digital services!
How about Amazon Digital Service Charge?
Apps typically charge an unspecified Amazon.com fee of $0.99. A monthly fee of $2.99 is typically charged to Prime Members for the Kindle Spare time registration for one kid. The Kindle Unlimited service is usually charged $9.99 by Amazon for digital services.
To simplify, Amazon charges you for using their service. Depending on your hobby, you will have to pay a monthly or annual fee. If you are one of the prime members of the services, you can get discounts or free access to several ones. You can even try experiencing them within 30 days.
Why Do I get charged for Amazon Digital Services?
Except for the charges you actively purchase to use Amazon digital products you’ve known. There are a couple of reasons why you may not recognize a charge. The following are some examples of common cases involving unknown charges:
- A yearly subscription to Amazon Prime was renewed.
- A family member, friend, or coworker with access to your card number placed an order.
- The credit or debit account is linked to other cards.
- A pre-ordered or back-ordered item was delivered.
- The gift order was delivered.
If any preceding conditions do not explain the charge and you suspect it is fraudulent, please consider reporting unlawful activity.
How To Cancel Amazon Digital Services
You can cancel your Amazon Digital Services subscription at any moment when you no longer want to pay for it. Your subscription will not, however, instantly end in case you cancel. So, if you finally decide to stop using Amazon’s digital services, you will not be charged for the renewal period.
You can follow the steps below to cancel any Amazon Digital service.
- Step 1: Visit https://www.amazon.com/your-account/ to access your Amazon account
- Step 2: Go to Subscriptions and Memberships
- Step 3: Then, next to the subscription you’d like to cancel, select Manage Subscription
- Step 4: Confirm that you want to end your subscription.
What Can You Do To Avoid An Amazon Digital Charge?
You can do a few things to avoid an Amazon digital charge, the first of which is to keep track of your subscriptions and memberships. When you’re not using particular features or no longer require specific digital services, you should cancel your subscription to avoid further expenses.
Another thing to think about is turning off one-click checkout options for conventional shopping and digital content. This default setting was created for ease, but it is possible that customers will order digital content by accident.
Furthermore, it is more common than you might think for children to order TV episodes, movies, and music by accident. Therefore disabling one-click checkout is great for families. However, Amazon has a good track record of assisting customers with order problems, such as content purchases made by mistake.
Occasionally, customers do not agree with certain charges on their accounts, especially online businesses. So, if you don’t agree with Amazon’s digital charges, read the terms and conditions carefully beforehand.
How Much Is Amazon Digital Services
The cost of Amazon digital services varies depending on which digital service you use and your membership level. The various subscriptions have different prices. Let’s have a look at the remaining items one by one:
- Amazon Prime is a subscription service that allows you to: After the 30-day free trial period, you can choose to pay $12.99 monthly or $119 annually for Amazon Prime. Prime Student Monthly is $6.49 per month, and Qualified Government Assistance is $5.99.
All fees are inclusive of taxes.
- Amazon Prime Video: Prime members receive access to Amazon Prime Video without having to pay an additional Amazon service fee. Other users will be charged $8.99 each month (tax inclusive).
However, Amazon Prime Channels will require a separate subscription.
- Kindle Unlimited: You must pay an Amazon service charge of $9.99 per month, or $119.98 annually, to obtain access to the service. Taxes are included.
- Audible: To have full access to Audible materials, both Prime members and non-members must pay a membership fee. Depending on the plan you choose and the available credits, you’ll have to pay anywhere from $7.95 per month to $229.50 each year.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members pay a monthly fee of $7.99 and a yearly fee of $79 to have access to Amazon’s digital music offerings. The rest will have to pay a monthly fee of $9.99.
- Credits are benefits that come with certain digital services. One credit entitles you to keep one premium selection title of your choice. You can own more premium titles if you have more credits.
- Amazon Drive: Members of Amazon Drive Prime will get more out of this service because they have unlimited high-resolution photo storage. Everyone who has an Amazon account receives a free 5GB of storage. For greater space, you’ll have to pay more.
You can upgrade from a 100 GB plan for $11.99 per month to a 30 TB plan for $1,799.70 per year. There are also various plans ranging from 1TB to 10TB that cost between $59.99 and $599.90 per year and a 20TB plan for $1,199.80.
Are There Any Amazon Digital Services That Are Free?
Unfortunately no. However, there are two situations where you can avoid paying Amazon’s digital fees. The first is while you’re on a free trial. It normally lasts 30 days, although in some cases, such as with Amazon Music Unlimited, it can last up to 90 days.
When the user is an active Prime member, the second option is available. However, as previously stated, this only covers a portion of the services.
All of the information provided here might help you learn more about Amazon Digital Services. While these digital costs should make sense if you read the complete terms and conditions of different Amazon memberships, if you believe you were charged in error, you may always contact Amazon customer care.
For more information about Amazon, you can read our articles on: