|Gathering the shopping behavior data
Shopping Behaviour Xplained Ltd have developed a cost-effective and non-invasive in-store data gathering process. Our specialist miniature recording equipment has a number of definite advantages over traditional CCTV and other research tools.
Fact:- An alarmed client recently called the offices of Shopping Behaviour Xplained Ltd to complain that the researchers hadn't turned up. He reported that he was calling from the research aisle and nothing was happening.
- Each camera can be fitted in minutes and causes little or no disruption to the stores.
- The control equipment is only a little larger than a standard video recorder.
- Unless interviews are being carried out, there are no researchers visible and shoppers are analysed in their most natural of environments.
- Some installations have no cables at all and use remote video capture units.
- Signage adjacent to store entrances informs shoppers about the presence of CCTV and its purpose of trying to improve their shopping experience.
- The service is global and a complete 16 camera recording kit fits into a medium sized suitcase.
Fact:- There were in fact in 4 cameras in that very aisle and they indeed filmed the client making the telephone call.
To find out more about the type of equipment we use to gather data in-store, click on converting the data on the left.